Physician Ethical Dilemma Essay
Physician Ethical Dilemma Essay
Write an essay that compares and contrasts the ethical dilemmas that an emergency medicine physician may face versus the ethical dilemmas that another healthcare provider of your choice may experience. Examples of other healthcare providers include, but are not limited to, nurses, social workers, primary care physicians, or physician specialists. Your paper should be a minimum of three pages, not including the title and reference pages. You must use a minimum of three sources, including your textbook. All sources used must be referenced; any paraphrased or quoted material must have accompanying citations. The paper will be formatted in APA style. Information about accessing the grading rubric for this assignment is provided below.
- Review the information on emotional intelligence and appreciative inquiry presented in this week’s Learning Resources.
- If you have not already done so, follow the instructions in the course text, Emotional Intelligence 2.0 to complete the online assessment.
- Consider the results of the assessment. Review your strengths and opportunities for growth related to self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management. What insights, questions, or concerns arise as you think about these results?
Physician Patient Ethical Dilemma Research
Health care administrators are confronted with ethical dilemmas and difficult decision making during their work. As we have already discovered, there are important interactions between ethical behaviors and legal issues. Health care administrators need to understand the relationships as well as the distinct differences. Health care institutions have ethics committees that play a central role in the protection of patient’s rights, the organization as a whole, and its staff.
Imagine you work as a professional health care administrator in a large medical center. You have been asked to present a paper at a professional conference on medical ethics and caregiver-patient encounters. You must write a paper about a significant physician-patient ethical dilemma in a medical setting, defending the decision and conclusions made.
Below is a resource with multiple ethical case studies that involved patients, their families, and members of the interdisciplinary team. Choose one of the scenarios on this site, or select a case of your own choosing from another resource.
Your paper should be 3–5 pages and should include a title page and references, for a total of 5–7 pages.
STRAYER WRITING STANDARDS
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
The grading criteria for this executive summary is as follows. It must include the elements listed below, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion in the scoring guide to see how your work will be assessed:
- Prepare a brief from the perspective of a lead administrator dealing with an ethical dilemma.
- Apply ethical and moral theories to a case study involving a patient and caregivers.
- Outline the ethical concerns and potential outcomes in a selected ethical dilemma.
- Propose a solution to mitigate the issues raised in a selected ethical dilemma.
- Defend the solution from an ethical standpoint.
- Use at least three peer-reviewed articles less than five years old.
- Provide appropriate in-text citations and reference section.
- Meet clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements.
Get professional assignment help cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.