PHI 445 Week 2 Quiz Set 3 When competitors agree to maintain prices at a certain level, this is called
1. Question : The viewpoint that business should be privately controlled and not controlled by the government is a perspective of a ________ economy.
2. Question : After hit New Jersey, some businesses such as gasoline stations and car repair stores raised prices to bring in windfall profits off desperate customers. This is an example of price
3. Question : When competitors agree to maintain prices at a certain level, this is called
4. Question : Welfare capitalism and _________ are more modern versions of capitalism and socialism.
5. Question : One of the main ideas of The Communist Manifesto is that the proletariat
6. Question : A few years ago, the Bolivian government leased water rights in some of the country’s poor, drought-stricken regions to private companies, including the U.S. engineering company Bechtel. Shortly after Bechtel took control in one area, water prices tripled, sparking protests. The privatization of water is an example of
7. Question : Which of the following is not a business structure recognized by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service?
8. Question : One of the main advantages of a corporation is
9. Question : When a company pleads guilty to a crime and the government orders it to publish an apology, that is an example of
10. Question : You are a shareholder in a corporation that filed bankruptcy. The liabilities will be more than the assets. What you will be required to pay will be based on
11. Question : When two doctors decide to share office space for their medical practices, they have formed a(an)
12. Question : Rehabilitation, retribution, and ________ are reasons that society has for punishing individuals for crimes.
APA Writing Checklist
Use this document as a checklist for each paper you will write throughout your GCU graduate program. Follow specific instructions indicated in the assignment and use this checklist to help ensure correct grammar and APA formatting. Refer to the APA resources available in the GCU Library and Student Success Center.
☐ APA paper template (located in the Student Success Center/Writing Center) is utilized for the correct format of the paper. APA style is applied, and format is correct throughout.
☐ The title page is present. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ The introduction is present. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ Topic is well defined.
☐ Strong thesis statement is included in the introduction of the paper.
☐ The thesis statement is consistently threaded throughout the paper and included in the conclusion.
☐ Paragraph development: Each paragraph has an introductory statement, two or three sentences as the body of the paragraph, and a transition sentence to facilitate the flow of information. The sections of the main body are organized to reflect the main points of the author. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ All sources are cited. APA style and format are correctly applied and are free from error.
☐ Sources are completely and correctly documented on a References page, as appropriate to assignment and APA style, and format is free of error.
Scholarly Resources: Scholarly resources are written with a focus on a specific subject discipline and usually written by an expert in the same subject field. Scholarly resources are written for an academic audience.
Examples of Scholarly Resources include: Academic journals, books written by experts in a field, and formally published encyclopedias and dictionaries.
Peer-Reviewed Journals: Peer-reviewed journals are evaluated prior to publication by experts in the journal’s subject discipline. This process ensures that the articles published within the journal are academically rigorous and meet the required expectations of an article in that subject discipline.
Empirical Journal Article: This type of scholarly resource is a subset of scholarly articles that reports the original finding of an observational or experimental research study. Common aspects found within an empirical article include: literature review, methodology, results, and discussion.
Adapted from “Evaluating Resources: Defining Scholarly Resources,” located in Research Guides in the GCU Library.
☐ The writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. Utilize writing resources such as Grammarly, LopesWrite report, and ThinkingStorm to check your writing