PHI 445 Week 2 Quiz Set 1 According to Karl Marx, history is the record of
1. Question : In 2007, a defense contractor was found guilty for working with a co-conspirator to submit bids with increased prices for a bulletproof vest contract so that a particular company would win the contract at a lower price. This is an example of
2. Question : In the late 1990s, Google, Yahoo, and MSN purchased most of the existing search engines, such as Lycros and Jeeves. Google now holds approximately a 90% share of the market. This is an example of
3. Question : According to history is the record of
4. Question : Antitrust acts such as the Sherman Antitrust Act of 1980 were passed to protect against
5. Question : The idea that consumers buy luxury items without considering the hard labor that went into making them is part of the viewpoint of
6. Question : _________ claimed that if businesses were allowed to follow their own self-interest, the economy of the country would improve.
7. Question : One feature of a corporation is that it can continue indefinitely beyond the lives of individual managers and stockholders of the corporation. This is called
8. Question : When a company’s leaders have the illusion of invulnerability that causes them to underestimate factors that lead to failure, this is an example of:
9. Question : States have the authority to grant corporate charters, which give permission for corporations to exist. When a state decides to revoke a corporation’s charter because of some egregious crime, this is called corporate
10. Question : Which of the following is not a business structure recognized by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service?
11. Question : According to economist Milton Friedman
12. Question : You are a shareholder in a corporation that filed bankruptcy. The liabilities will be more than the assets. What you will be required to pay will be based on
APA Writing Checklist
Use this document as a checklist for each paper you will write throughout your GCU graduate program. Follow specific instructions indicated in the assignment and use this checklist to help ensure correct grammar and APA formatting. Refer to the APA resources available in the GCU Library and Student Success Center.
☐ APA paper template (located in the Student Success Center/Writing Center) is utilized for the correct format of the paper. APA style is applied, and format is correct throughout.
☐ The title page is present. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ The introduction is present. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ Topic is well defined.
☐ Strong thesis statement is included in the introduction of the paper.
☐ The thesis statement is consistently threaded throughout the paper and included in the conclusion.
☐ Paragraph development: Each paragraph has an introductory statement, two or three sentences as the body of the paragraph, and a transition sentence to facilitate the flow of information. The sections of the main body are organized to reflect the main points of the author. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ All sources are cited. APA style and format are correctly applied and are free from error.
☐ Sources are completely and correctly documented on a References page, as appropriate to assignment and APA style, and format is free of error.
Scholarly Resources: Scholarly resources are written with a focus on a specific subject discipline and usually written by an expert in the same subject field. Scholarly resources are written for an academic audience.
Examples of Scholarly Resources include: Academic journals, books written by experts in a field, and formally published encyclopedias and dictionaries.
Peer-Reviewed Journals: Peer-reviewed journals are evaluated prior to publication by experts in the journal’s subject discipline. This process ensures that the articles published within the journal are academically rigorous and meet the required expectations of an article in that subject discipline.
Empirical Journal Article: This type of scholarly resource is a subset of scholarly articles that reports the original finding of an observational or experimental research study. Common aspects found within an empirical article include: literature review, methodology, results, and discussion.
Adapted from “Evaluating Resources: Defining Scholarly Resources,” located in Research Guides in the GCU Library.
☐ The writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. Utilize writing resources such as Grammarly, LopesWrite report, and ThinkingStorm to check your writing