PHI 445 Week 1 Quiz Set 1 Which of these statements about moral values is true?
1. Question : Which of these statements about is true?
2. Question : When a pharmaceutical company releases a new drug with known side effects that will help more people than the side effects will harm, this is an example of what type of ethics?
3. Question : Which of the following ethical frameworks would support child labor if the consequences produced better overall results than the available alternatives?
4. Question : Groups could not function well if members of groups were completely free to make decisions for themselves about what to do and how to act. Which of the following uses legal rules and organizational rules to keep order in groups?
5. Question : Which of the following shifts the focus from questions about what a person should do toward a focus on who a personis?
6. Question : If Mr. Swanson, a college professor, says that there is no such thing as right and wrong and treats questions regarding what is good and evil as relative to an individual’s values and culture, this is an example of the theory of
7. Question : The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulates television and radio media to ensure they do not broadcast vulgar language. This is an example of the principle of
8. Question : Janelle gives to charity because she enjoys the gratitude and recognition from the people she helps. This is an example of
9. Question : The main idea of utilitarianism is its focus on
10. Question : Which of the following statements is true about divine command theory?
11. Question : Mrs. Takeda jumps into an icy river to save a stranger. This is an example of
12. Question : Limiting free speech by the government would be an example of the
13. Question : Which theory of ethics says that we should make decisions that produce “the greatest good for the greatest number”?
APA Writing Checklist
Use this document as a checklist for each paper you will write throughout your GCU graduate program. Follow specific instructions indicated in the assignment and use this checklist to help ensure correct grammar and APA formatting. Refer to the APA resources available in the GCU Library and Student Success Center.
☐ APA paper template (located in the Student Success Center/Writing Center) is utilized for the correct format of the paper. APA style is applied, and format is correct throughout.
☐ The title page is present. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ The introduction is present. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ Topic is well defined.
☐ Strong thesis statement is included in the introduction of the paper.
☐ The thesis statement is consistently threaded throughout the paper and included in the conclusion.
☐ Paragraph development: Each paragraph has an introductory statement, two or three sentences as the body of the paragraph, and a transition sentence to facilitate the flow of information. The sections of the main body are organized to reflect the main points of the author. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ All sources are cited. APA style and format are correctly applied and are free from error.
☐ Sources are completely and correctly documented on a References page, as appropriate to assignment and APA style, and format is free of error.
Scholarly Resources: Scholarly resources are written with a focus on a specific subject discipline and usually written by an expert in the same subject field. Scholarly resources are written for an academic audience.
Examples of Scholarly Resources include: Academic journals, books written by experts in a field, and formally published encyclopedias and dictionaries.
Peer-Reviewed Journals: Peer-reviewed journals are evaluated prior to publication by experts in the journal’s subject discipline. This process ensures that the articles published within the journal are academically rigorous and meet the required expectations of an article in that subject discipline.
Empirical Journal Article: This type of scholarly resource is a subset of scholarly articles that reports the original finding of an observational or experimental research study. Common aspects found within an empirical article include: literature review, methodology, results, and discussion.
Adapted from “Evaluating Resources: Defining Scholarly Resources,” located in Research Guides in the GCU Library.
☐ The writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. Utilize writing resources such as Grammarly, LopesWrite report, and ThinkingStorm to check your writing