PHI 208 Final Exam (50 Question) Set 2
1. Question : According to Jeremy Bentham (as described by Singer) what should determine whether a being’s interests should be taken into account?
2. Question : In the video “Drones Are Not Ethical and Effective,” Jeremy Waldron argues that drones are not ethical because their use involves
3. Question :
4. Question : The conventional doctrine is endorsed by:
5. Question : Which answer best describes Noddings’s statements about how mothers frequently to feel about losing their children in war?
6. Question : According to Rachels, the “conventional doctrine” maintains that:
7. Question : In the article “War and Massacre,” Thomas Nagel argues that moral absolutism
8. Question : According to Midgley, moral isolationism
9. Question : How do we determine the difference between higher and lower pleasures, according to Mill?
10. Question : Gilligan claims that females tend to see relationships as these
11. Question : In the video “Sexism in the News Media 2012” some newscasters blame military women for this
12. Question : According to Kant, the moral worth of an action:
13. Question : Which of the following are questions in the Bechdel test?
14. Question : In Kant Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Morals, the maxim of an act is:
15. Question : According to Rachels, the case of Smith and Jones shows that:
16. Question : According to Aristotle, we should begin ethical inquiry by specifying:
17. Question : According to Thomas Hill’s account of environmental ethics, a person might show a lack of virtue when they:
18. Question : Reason is a faculty that we have that:
19. Question : Aristotle states that if we ask what the highest good of human action is:
20. Question : Kant explains that respect for a person is:
21. Question : According to Leon Kass, the drive to legalize euthanasia can be largely attributed to
22. Question : According to Rachels, active euthanasia is currently:
23. Question : Kant claims that a good will is:
24. Question : Aristotle claims that the function of human life is:
25. Question : Aristotle conceives of a virtue as:
26. Question : According to the scene from The Bridge on the River Kwai, what is the ultimate reason Colonel Nicholson (Alec Guinness) insists that the soldiers work hard to build the best bridge possible:
27. Question : Why is it hard for physicians to understand palliative care?
28. Question : According to Tom Regan, what is fundamentally wrong with our current system?
29. Question : Glaukon thinks that deep in our hearts we all believe that
30. Question : According to Midgely, moral isolationism leads to
31. Question : Peter Singer’s “basic principles of equality” applied to animals means:
32. Question : The Ring of Gyges gave the shepherd who found it
33. Question : What moral theory does Jeremy Bentham (with whom Singer seems to agree) endorse?
34. Question : According to Kant, suicide is:
35. Question : If the Ring of Gyges really existed,
36. Question : Kenneth Anderson argues that the fact that drones make the resort to force easier
37. Question : Which of the following does not describe how egg-laying hens are treated in factory farms?
38. Question : What is Tom Regan’s position about the use of animals in research and agriculture?
39. Question : In Hill’s example, what did the wealthy eccentric man do to his yard after he bought a new house?
40. Question : Which of the following makes it difficult to calculate the utility of an act
41. Question : Rachels concludes that:
42. Question : According to the video “Religion, War, and Violence,” Just War Theory asserts that military intervention
43. Question : Hill would claim that a lack of aesthetic perception
44. Question :Midgley analyzes the position that each society is a separate culture with its own values. This position is known as
45. Question : Robinson argues that honor
46. Question : Robinson describes magnanimity and integrity as both primarily concerned with what?
47. Question : Thomas Nagel argues that all rules of engagement should be governed by the utilitarian principle that
48. Question : According to Held, the following have been aligned with femininity in the history of Western thought
49. Question : Feminist ethics is based around which of the following ideas
50. Question : According to Colin Stokes, in this film all the heroic, wise, and villainous characters are female.
APA Writing Checklist
Use this document as a checklist for each paper you will write throughout your GCU graduate program. Follow specific instructions indicated in the assignment and use this checklist to help ensure correct grammar and APA formatting. Refer to the APA resources available in the GCU Library and Student Success Center.
☐ APA paper template (located in the Student Success Center/Writing Center) is utilized for the correct format of the paper. APA style is applied, and format is correct throughout.
☐ The title page is present. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ The introduction is present. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ Topic is well defined.
☐ Strong thesis statement is included in the introduction of the paper.
☐ The thesis statement is consistently threaded throughout the paper and included in the conclusion.
☐ Paragraph development: Each paragraph has an introductory statement, two or three sentences as the body of the paragraph, and a transition sentence to facilitate the flow of information. The sections of the main body are organized to reflect the main points of the author. APA format is applied correctly. There are no errors.
☐ All sources are cited. APA style and format are correctly applied and are free from error.
☐ Sources are completely and correctly documented on a References page, as appropriate to assignment and APA style, and format is free of error.
Scholarly Resources: Scholarly resources are written with a focus on a specific subject discipline and usually written by an expert in the same subject field. Scholarly resources are written for an academic audience.
Examples of Scholarly Resources include: Academic journals, books written by experts in a field, and formally published encyclopedias and dictionaries.
Peer-Reviewed Journals: Peer-reviewed journals are evaluated prior to publication by experts in the journal’s subject discipline. This process ensures that the articles published within the journal are academically rigorous and meet the required expectations of an article in that subject discipline.
Empirical Journal Article: This type of scholarly resource is a subset of scholarly articles that reports the original finding of an observational or experimental research study. Common aspects found within an empirical article include: literature review, methodology, results, and discussion.
Adapted from “Evaluating Resources: Defining Scholarly Resources,” located in Research Guides in the GCU Library.
☐ The writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. Utilize writing resources such as Grammarly, LopesWrite report, and ThinkingStorm to check your writing.