Pharmacotherapy For Gastrointestinal And Hepatobiliary Disorders
Discussion: Pharmacotherapy for Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Disorders
Gastrointestinal (GI) and hepatobiliary disorders affect the structure and function of the GI tract. Many of these disorders often have similar symptoms such as abdominal pain, cramping, constipation, nausea, bloating, and fatigue. Since multiple disorders can be tied to the same symptoms, it is important for advanced practice nurses to carefully evaluate patients and prescribe treatment that targets the cause rather than the symptom. Once the underlying cause is identified, an appropriate drug therapy plan can be recommended based on medical history and individual patient factors. In this Discussion, you examine a case study of a patient who presents with symptoms of a possible GI/hepatobiliary disorder, and you design an appropriate drug therapy plan.
Consider the following case study:
Patient HL comes into the clinic with the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The patient has a history of drug abuse and possible Hepatitis C. HL is currently taking the following prescription drugs:
· Synthroid 100 mcg daily
· Nifedipine 30 mg daily
· Prednisone 10 mg daily
· Review this week’s media presentation on pharmacology for the gastrointestinal system.
· Review the provided case study. Reflect on the patient’s symptoms, medical history, and drugs currently prescribed.
· Think about a possible diagnosis for the patient. Consider whether the patient has a disorder related to the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system or whether the symptoms are the result of a disorder from another system or other factors such as pregnancy, drugs, or a psychological disorder.
· Consider an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post an explanation of your diagnosis for the patient including your rationale for the diagnosis. Then, describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed.
Points to follow when writing a paper:
· Please all bullet points, bold, red, and highlighted areas must be attended to.
· A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to…) is required in the introduction of all writings.
· Please review all rubrics.
· Check APA format/setting.
· Your final paragraph should be a summary of the key points of your paper.
· Please personalized where necessary.
Refrain from a direct quote
Avoid public-facing sites like university web pages or foundation pages (such as the American Cancer Society or the Alzheimer’s Association) and medical sites designed for consumption by the general public (such as Mayo Clinic or WebMD).
You are required to cite scholarly resources including peer-review journals and current practice guidelines.
May use https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/index.html
The writer must be familiar with nursing pharmacology
Rules for writing (FYI)
Whether writing a discussion posting or a paper, keep a few things in mind—
1) I am looking for an explanation at the cellular or molecular level (whenever possible).
2) I am not looking for pathophysiological explanations that we would give to patients (e.g. “your heart just isn’t pumping the right way). While this explanation is acceptable for patient teaching, it will not cut it in a course titled “advanced pathophysiology.” To be very specific- I am looking for you to tell me the precise aberrancies (or theorized aberrancies) which inexorably lead to disease states.
Introduction to Criminal Justice
COM 315 Grand Canyon All Week Discussions
HCA 812 Grand Canyon Week 8 Discussions
Culture and Perception
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more